The culture of coffee can be single-use. From disposable cups to one time filters, there is a lot of waste when it comes to brewing a cup of Joe.
Or at least there used to be.
Sweet Start offers a cup of pour-over coffee in a ceramic for people wandering around the farmers’ markets where we sell. We also offer compostable cups for those who need to take their coffee on the road – for an additional cost.
We also resale the CoffeeSock, a reusable organic cotton filter that delivers a premium tasting coffee again and again. These durable filters last up to a year or more and perform amazingly! Believe me, we use ours multiple times a day!
Clean up is quick, easy and great for your garden. Since many people have asked about this process, here is how you clean a CoffeeSock:
- Empty the sock into your compost or directly into the garden.
- Turn your CoffeeSock inside out and rinse into a bowl in your sink.
- Squeeze out the excess water and allow CoffeeSock to dry.
- You can either empty the bowl into your garden or drain it into a sieve to catch all the coffee grounds.
- Empty sieve contents into compost.
- All done!